One of the things I notice about people is competitiveness among them. Even children of God do not seem exempt from this. Though competition is not harmful and can be good for us, we can let it lead to jealousy when another seems to do better than we are doing and we tend to forget we are to walk in love and be encouragers of others.
We are all created for different works and even though we do not all do our work for Christ the same way, we are all still doing what God created us to do. We are different parts of one body; the body of Christ. The eye does not do the foots job. The ear does not do the hands job. Just this morning I was explaining to my daughter that we are all individuals who are created for a purpose, but together we all are to do our jobs differently. Even though I am a Bible Teacher, I may not teach the same way someone else does. Is anyone wrong as long as they are teaching the Word of God? If methods and deliveries are different is one better than the other? No, we are gifted by God to do His will so we can each reach someone the other may not be able to reach. We are all one body working TOGETHER! We need to understand that no matter who “wins” God wins and He is still in control.
Here is a great list I found of a great mindset about worrying who is doing better or who is the winner.
No Matter Who Wins……
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.
ISN’T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS STILL IN CONTROL?